6.03.2014

Interview: Demetriougirls


My name is Maria Demetriou and I am the designer of the Demetriou collection. I am an event stylist based in Cyprus. Making people’s memorable events beautiful is something that pleases and fulfils me. I create decorative ornaments using such materials as fabrics, lace and wood. Kids clothing was always on my mind and I started making it after some of my customers requested something special for their kids.


Little by little designing for girls became my passion. The whole process, beginning from the pattern, the selection of the fabrics, the craftsmanship and finally the photography, is a challenge for me. Inspiration comes in several ways and ideas pop in my mind at any time. Sometimes I even wake up in the middle of the night with a new idea. Sometimes it all starts with a fine piece of fabric. I always carry a little book and a pencil in order to sketch a new idea. Now this became a part of my daily routine. 


My studio is based in the forest with a breath-taking view of a beautiful pine trees valley. I love working there surrounded by sounds of birds, dogs and sewing machine. I adore the serenity of the landscape and the harmony of nature. Every little detail matters to me so I am working on each item until I think it is perfect. Every time, I challenge myself to create something that is unique and different. I believe that every little girl has a unique personality and should have her sole personal style. 

I am glad to see that my work gains admirers from all over the world and I hope that more and more girls along with their mothers will discover their own personal style through my collection. Now I am about to release my new collection of girl clothing for those who want their girls to be classy and stylish. 

 


Thank you Maria for sharing your story!
If you would like to get to know more about Maria and her creations, please visit her shop and find her on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment